Well-being in the Workplace
All employers wish to maximize their staff efficiency. With reflexology we can help to reduce accumulated stress and tension on body and emotions.
Regular reflexology sessions on site at your company will…
- relax and revitalize participating employees.
- increase energy and morale, satisfaction and loyalty.
- enhance concentration, efficiency and accuracy on a task.
- speed recovery from a wide range of acute and chronic illnesses.
- enable staff to perform better under pressure.
- help them deal with the everyday stress at their workplace.
- relieve pain such as headache, migraine, neck and shoulder pain.
- improve their overall well-being.
This can lead to a reduction in stress-related illnesses making reflexology a cost effective way of reducing absenteeism.
Stress related illness in the workplace
It is estimated that up to 80% of all illness is stress-related. The effects of stress can substantially reduce efficiency and accuracy not only in the performing of physical tasks, but also in the area of abstract planning, decision-making and creativity. Prolonged stress can lead to tiredness and irritability, a weakening of the immune system and the development of physical illness.
Some countries overseas, notably Denmark and UK, have been addressing this problem for a number of years. Reflexology has proved to be very successful in reduction of stress and work related illness, and reflexologists are increasingly employed by organizations including many small businesses, an oil company, postal service, hospitals, and schools, with impressive results.
How can reflexology benefit your company?
The benefits of reflexology can be made available to your staff in different ways:
- A lunch-hour presentation can be offered to educate staff about the benefits of the therapy and staff can sign up for reflexology sessions during lunch time on a regular basis.
- A room can be made available within your premises from which the reflexologist can work.
- Working schedules can be made flexible to accommodate daytime reflexology sessions for staff who wish to participate; or sessions can take place after working hours.
- Employees can be fully responsible for the cost of their own reflexology sessions; or sessions can be subsidized in part or in full by the organization
If you are interested in enhancing the well-being of your employees and your business, please contact Stefanie Sabounchian. We will be delighted to offer you a free consultation, and to suggest a suitable scheme tailored to your circumstances.
Case Report I
Odense Post Office in Denmark, which has employed a full-time reflexologist since 1990, reports saving around $177,159 in one year due to a 13% reduction in sickness and absenteeism.
Case Report II
Ishoj Municipal Health Department recorded 2,499 fewer sick hours over a six month period in which employees received reflexology, giving a saving of $38,072.
Case Report III
SAS Cargo estimated a financial saving of $3,543 a month when employees were receiving reflexology.
Case Report IV
Fonss and Hove, Solicitors in Kolding, found that employees receiving treatment showed greater motivation and enhanced working ability. After a four-year period, the need for treatments declined because of minimal sickness and absenteeism.
Firms in Great Britain are now beginning to follow suit by offering reflexology to their staff. They include such organizations as a major city council, a computer firm, an oil company, a fire station, a major league football team, schools, and hospitals, and many small businesses.
Areas of Service for Corporate Clients:
Greater Los Angeles Area, Inland Empire, Orange County